Depending on where you are in the world, last week – 21 June 2017 at 04:24 UTC to be exact – marked the solstice. In the Northern Hemisphere, it’s the longest day of the year and usually associated with the start of summer. For the Southern Hemisphere, however, the solstice traditionally signals the start of winter. Interesting isn’t it how the same day can mean two completely different things depending on where you live?
Doing learning differently continues to be our goal. Please see below for more details on the new features that are part of SmarterPath 3.1. And of course, whatever the solstice means to you, we hope you enjoy all that the season has to offer!
Custom Course Icon
We’ve taken branding a step further by enabling you to add a custom icon/image to any course. Maybe your organization’s logo is best or maybe you’d like to use different images for different courses or maybe you prefer the tried and true/default SmarterPath logo. Either way, the choice is yours!
Also, if you love the app-mention feature as much as we do, you’ll be glad to know that by default the course’s custom image will be included when you’re embedding those course links throughout your Jive community.
The Reporting dashboard has been updated with three more widgets. Using the last 30 days as filtering criteria, you now have a real-time, at-a-glance view of the:
- top 3 courses (by enrollment)
- most active weekday
- total number of completed courses
To give you added flexibility when it comes to user management, Administrators can now activate/deactivate users in the „Manage Users“ menu. Please note: 1) only activated users count towards your licensed number of users and 2) deactivated users will not be able to open SmarterPath.
Additional licensing updates in this release are:
- As your licensed end date approaches, SmarterPath admin(s) will get automated notifications via email
- When your number of licensed users is reached each additional user will not be able to open SmarterPath
- Enablement Path
- This feature now shows a user his or her courses in three sections: upcoming courses, upcoming courses with due dates and completed courses (“achievements”).
- Notifications will be sent out in recipients language
- Instructor-led Training (ILT): enrolled learners will get a notification when the course creator edits or deletes an ILT session
- Course completion: learners will get a notification after they complete a course
- Report by course
- The report preview will only show a list of up to 100 learners. The full report is downloadable as a CSV file.
- Editing, adding and deleting questions in existing exams
- Date of started lesson in the learner’s course view
- Changing the theme color (click here to read how to adjust your SmarterPath theme to match your Jive theme)
Release 3.2 Forecast
It’s summertime in Germany and SmarterPath will have a short break. The next release will just focus on a few minor enhancements and bug fixes.