One of the best things about being a part of the Pokeshot team is interacting with clients and co-workers from around the world. From different ideas and new perspectives, to different holidays and different traditions, to moments where things get a little stuck when communication is lost in translation, the “story” of the work day is made that much more interesting!
Our SmarterPath story is one of helping you to think about and do learning differently, a message whose meaning is clear regardless of your native language. Research shows that the majority of what people know is the result of experiential learning. With its connection to your social business environment, where people are interacting and getting work done, SmarterPath allows you to extract, conserve, up-cycle and publish that dynamic content in a way that is not possible in a fixed course. In support of this story – and because we know that modern knowledge acquisition is more of a flexible path through different content types – we will update the keywords used in our 3.1.1 release.
- to reflect the fact that acquiring knowledge is not an event or a defined set of interactions, a course is now a path
- we love the idea of bringing knowledge and information to the next level by up-cycling our customer’s content in milestones and steps rather than modules and lessons
- to indicate that user-generated content and peer-to-peer connections are key to helping people apply what they’ve learned, learner is now participant
For your reference, these and other wording changes are listed below in German, English and French:
|Course –> Path||Kurs –> Pfad||Cours –> Chemins|
|Module –> Milestone||Modul –> Meilenstein||Module –> Étape|
|Lesson –> Step||Lektion –> Schritt||Leçon –> Pas|
|ILT –> Live Training||Präsenzschulung –> Live-Training||Cours dispensés par des enseignants –> Formation en direct|
|Exam –> Quiz||Examen –> Quiz||Examen –> Quiz|
|Learner goals –> Objectives||Lernziele –> Ziele||Objectifs pédagogiques –> Objectifs|
|Learner –> Participants||Teilnehmer –> Teilnehmer||Participant –> Participant|
While word choice is simply the place to start, we look forward to contributing to the rest of your SmarterPath journey!
Further important information for you for the 3.1.1 SmarterPath Release:
- Please adjust your preferred theming colors no later than the 21st of August because you will not be able to modify the colors until the next release. Learn how to fit SmarterPath perfectly into your Jive theme and corporate design.
- Many web browsers will no longer support Flash in the future. Please update your SCORMs soon if they are Flash based. (more information here)
- SmarterPath Certificate is signed by “thawte DV SSL SHA256 CA”. Please let your IT check if this certificate is accepted by Jive/Java. (more information here)
- If you deactivate users in Jive they will automatically be deactivated in SmarterPath as well.
- Read the full release notes here.